Sunday, September 25, 2011

Lafite, Shangri La :) Dad's 50th dinner.









I'm getting ravenous just remembering how everything tasted. ♥

So my dad celebrated his 50th milestone with his immediate family at Lafite, where we enjoyed ourselves immensely once again. Of course, we tried not to cringe when the bill came. :)

Some might find Lafite overrated, but I find myself having a pleasant time with the family and a pleasant meal everytime I happen to visit.

Dimly lit and private, Lafite gives you an ambience that brings peace to your mind - gone are the sound of noisy car horns, squealing babies and annoying waiters.

Your journey with Lafite begins with a glass of sparkling Evian - courtesy of the restaurant.
Whilst waiting for your meal to be prepared, the waiter brings about an assortment of exquisitely baked breads - my personal favourite is the squid ink, which some may find too tough, but I like the general chewiness.

After a happy munch on your bread, a salmon cone is given to each diner (if the chef is taking longer than usual, note that you might get two rounds :P)

I ordered Wagyu Beef seared with caviar as my starter, or something along the lines of that, with really tender and succulent meat covered with premium caviar, shaped in the slice of a cake, as seen above. I remember the price more than the name though, a whopping rm79. Trust me, it's worth it.
My main course was also wagyu beef, and my goodness im terribly sorry, Im horrible with names.

The menu isnt too filled with choices, which has its benefits and also bad points. But I assure you, of all the dishes I've tried, anything that has Wagyu in it is a safe bet.
Savour every morsel, as you're going to need that happy feeling you get deep within your stomach and the tingle in your tastebuds Lafite never fails to give to pay the bill when it arrives later. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment