Wednesday, April 25, 2012

20, already?

"If I don't celebrate my birthday this year, does it mean that I won't get a year older?"- erina, yours truly.
I realize that I'm just going to be as lazy as ever when it comes to implementing things and following my dreams.
Going on the computer is a chore because I've yet to get my own notebook where I can snuggle up in my room safely with the air-con on without any fear of mosquitoes and my brothers annoying laugh. SOON, I hope, I've got enough funds to get a new one, yes, but I really just don't see the point in spending all my hard earned, okay maybe more to saved, money just gone as the value depreciates like nobody's business. I'm a strong supporter of apple, thus I know I'm not going to opt for the cheaper way out and get a windows one instead.
My desktop in the computer room is getting old, and really, its just so ugh to have my desktop placed next to my brother's in the mosquito infested carpeted room with him annoying me with his atrociously passe games.
So, now I'm waiting for the new one that's rumoured to come out, and in the meantime,*bats eyelashes at daddy dearest*. =)

HOPEFULLY CHANGE STARTS TODAY!
Nope, not tomorrow, there's always another tomorrow, don't you think?
I think I'm feeling this way because I'm now 20. Like, SHIPCRABGIANTpoopcakes*. :)
SO. Let's start with my brother's birthday, the 31st of March!
Mom ordered cupcakes from her friend who does AMAZING fondant cupcakes which are not too sweet like most custom made cupcakes in stores nowadays, & my mom customized it according to what my brother likes.
She does it from her house in the Kota Damansara area, and only caters to small orders as its more of a hobby than anything else. :)

One cupcake is about RM5, and you can put anything and everything on it! It's about RM0.50 more expensive than standard wondermilk cupcakes, and its almost twice the size! :) Plus, these are CUSTOM, and are surprisingly not as sweet as a lot of fondant cupcakes out there. REALLY. The cupcakes were more for me than my brother, as I thought they were amazing but too cute to eat! I had most of it, resulting in a "PLEASE DONT MAKE THEM FOR MY BIRTHDAY" moment, because mine was only 20 days later! :)

Photobucket


Photobucket

overall view

Photobucket
to represent his Ipad3 he craved & got.


Photobucket

money faced, heh!

Photobucket


Photobucket

he's a liverpool supporter

Photobucket
iphone

We had an amazing dinner as usual at Zipangu, Shangri-La's japanese restaurant upstairs, and lets just say the menu didn't disappoint me, at all. The strawberries were as huge as ever with all you can eat freshly whipped cream; the salmon was marbled amazingly (though not the best I've ever tried); the sushi freshly made and well proportioned.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Salmon Sashimi

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
*giant strawberries & whipped cream, my favourite ;*

 Another must try if any of you are heading to Zipangu is their range of teas at the salad bar, with its lychee tea being a personal favourite. Sceptical? Try it yourself! I was too, I was more of a green tea only if I'm going for japanese food girl, but they have a refreshing range of teas which are not too sweet like those canned ones, as there's only a hint of lychee and it doesn't have that artificial taste most lychee drinks have! :) Prawns were fresh and juicy albeit not as sweet and gigantic as the ones that can be found downstairs, a place I frequent often, Lemon Garden.
Tried the Shishamo, the pregnant fish there for the first time, and honestly although fish was fresh it was just too soggy for me. The oil was probably not hot enough, so it was a tad disappointing. :/ ON A FUNNIER NOTE ABOUT THE SHISHAMO, my mom told me she saw an old auntie grabbing the raw shishamo from the teriyaki side thinking you didnt have to cook it - EEWWW. Scaly frozen fish? Hopefully a waiter spotted it and stopped her. Haha.

Photobucket
Photobucket
shishamo, pregnant fish, with its main reason of people eating it - the roe inside, duh

I wasn't feeling that well during the meal so I didn't take a pictures of the spread, sorry! Highly recommended for their weekend buffet lunches, ala carte is really expensive but of course, even better! I heard from my mom that the foie gras there is amazing.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
my usual favourites / go to during buffets

My 20th Birthday
First off, thank you all for the amazing wishes and to those who wanted to attend my birthday party but couldn't. I had an amazing time and each of you contributed to it! Of course, a larger thank you to those of you who made the surprise possible - that will be another post altogether, when I get the pictures from Yee En, as I didn't bring my camera - I mean, who was I to know they had something planned? :)

Now for the birthday day itself, the boyfriend was ever the courteous gentlemen and decided to have a me-day. LIKE HE DOESNT GIVE ME THEM ENOUGH ALREADY. Teehee. Thank you, love!

Headed to ou to shop, there's almost everything there already, it's getting harder and harder for me to drag my butt off to KL & climb "BUKIT bintang", as my boss likes to say. He waited, commented and prattled on about how a certain item would look amazing on me; or if a certain cutting will make me look sloshed out.

My birthday present from my parents was a check, and no I wont say how much, but it was an excuse to splurge! But first off, LUNCH.
I wanted to have two lunches - being the greedy me, and I had this weird urge to eat pasta and chinese pork ribs. Go figure. So the plan was to head to Dave's then Pu Tien, one of the best chinese restaurants I've been to. I stopped at Dave's, haha. :S

Photobucket
iced water the way i like it, with a slice of lemon

Photobucket
Photobucket
rummaging through my bag for something?

Photobucket
Photobucket
amazing (recommended!) pigs in a blanket, with a choice of asparagus or enoki mushrooms inside.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Meatballs, Bacon & Mushroom Carbonara Fettucine, my favourite!

Photobucket
Han's pork sausage aglio olio.

Food was really yums, portion was big, and best of all it was worth the price! Overall, I would say Dave's is a little on the expensive side, but we had an amazing lunch courtesy of the boyfriend at a reasonable price. They have 50% off on most pastas during lunchtime, and you will find that it's usually packed to the brim even on weekdays.
The pork knuckle looks amazing, can't wait to try it out next time!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
present from the boyfriend - a hard cover compilation of beautiful poems that I've been eyeing on for quite a while already, but hesitated because of the price; thanks dear, its amazing! I love the poem "She walks in beauty" by Lord Byron. Sometimes I feel like I'm supposed to be born during the Victorian Era, lol.

Photobucket

I'm not a cake person, so I didn't want my fridge to be overflowing with leftover cake that goes untouched in my family, lol, so i told my boyfriend a cupcake or a slice will do. (I still have cake in the fridge, I guess I'm blessed?) We went to Bisou & we both saw something that shouted ME. Fluffy cloud on a slice on rainbow! OMG! So of course, the boyfriend got it, teehee. ♥

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

amazingly pretty layers & light butter cakey texture!



Photobucket

Red velvet I ended up getting for YL, the bestie, as we were to head for Planetshakers & Israel Houston (Another post, no pictures, epp!)


Photobucket
Photobucket
as we were in a rush, ended up lighting the cake in my room all by myself, so emo, mehh.
Photobucket
Photobucket
& with the dearest on facetime singing for me!

Photobucket
buys from ou that day :S



Photobucket

cheapass RM20 wooden clogs I got from a small booth near the concert.


Photobucket
Photobucket
2 bikini's from forever21 that I ended up haviug to wear the next day for my surprise party (eep,yuck!) as my mom was the one packing it when I was distracted

Photobucket
Photobucket
gorgeous ring for only RM 20 (Had to get 2 for RM40 from DIVA) with the quote:




“Dance like there's nobody watching,
Love like you'll never be hurt,
Sing like there's nobody listening,
And live like it's heaven on earth.” 




Photobucket

Horse feathers that look amazing but I probably wouldn't wear :S


I think that about sums it up, my back is aching - a true sign I'm getting old, so I'll leave the party with the friends, the thank you's, etc etc for another post. Unifi's making it so much easier for me, so I wont be as inactive? Crosses fingers. Loves!

No comments:

Post a Comment