Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Snippets of the dragonly beginning (CNY)

My CNY pretty much sucked this year as I had exams ongoing during the season, and didn't get to return to my hometown :)
However, it still did not deter me from going to open houses, and I really was glad that Angpau collection was up to par this year! Teehee. My years of receiving said red packets are getting frighteningly lesser & lesser each day. What better way to make the best of each situation, right? ;P

CNY wouldnt be the same at all without GLUTTONY. :) Not really the new clothes, more to food for most! From reunion dinners to open houses, to CNY snacks & buffets... The list goes on.
Shopping for new additions to my wardrobe wasn't the hard part, it was more finding/creating space :S
I went to this new place - Kenanga Wholesale City mall. MYGOODNESS GRACIOUS. After shopping there, I feel like I absolutely do not want to shop anywhere else in this country anymore! In terms of cheap seasonal pieces to mix & match; to accessories from large & chunky to petite and dainty - they have almost everything, with close to bangkok prices. I went there with RM 300 thinking I'll buy like, 4-5 pieces maximum, ans I found myself with 12 pieces of clothing, accessories and 2 handbags - with RM70 leftover. ZOMG. HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE ? :O
With Kenanga, it is!

This post will be a little half hearted & rushed because really, CNY was 2 months ago and I have gossip girl episodes to catch up with. More to pictures & captions, everyone! I really dont know how I still have readers. Thank youuuuu :)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Cousin & I with the dragon centrepiece @ Shangri-La, :)


Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

my usual fare that I go multiple rounds for in international buffets - cold prawns & caesar salad! :)

Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Chocolate coated fresh fruits & Marshmallows; Chocolate Ganache pudding. Yummmmms.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Japanese fare & Cold prawns - I've tried many international buffets in the top hotels, but Shangri-La's spread, value for money & cold prawns are still the best, and my favourite place to go to. Not to mention, the prices of food there once you hold a Shangri-La privilege card. ;P

For those who are tempted enough by the pictures to try the spread out:

Shangri-La Hotel, Lemon Garden

11 Jalan Sultan Ismail, Kuala Lumpur, 50250, Malaysia 

T: (60 3) 2032 2388    F: (60 3) 2070 1514  


Lunch at Lemon Garden Café @ Shangri-La is RM72.00++ per head and is available on weekdays only from 12.00-2.30pm. Dinner on weekends, I think its about RM130ish nett, for the seafood spread, with GIGANTIC scallops, giant crabs & fresh baby lobsters. Need I tempt you more?

OH, & one of the other main highlights is none other than:

Photobucket

JJ's sambal eggs from his open house! :) Yes, he's chinese, and he cooked this scrumptious delicacy. The perfect mixture of limey-ness (uhhhh...) & savouriness, this sambal is sambal without the spicy kick! :P
Got the recipe from him, gonna try it soon :P

Photobucket
Sam praising the food.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

the compulsory yee sang.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

cute shitzus. My goodness, I was spoilt! Food & pets - I had a blast! :)

Photobucket

Photobucket
Sandra & Bridgette

(all photos after the Shangri-La ones are taken in JJ's open house with all my cell members)

Thats it for now, Im hungry & I want to watch Gossip Girl. Teehee. Loves! :)
How was your CNY? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment