Sunday, April 8, 2012

So... Valentines.

It's the 8th of April now, yes, I think I am fully aware of that fact, but internet connection/blogger has just really been horrible to me. The end of this month brings with it a birthday of yours truly, and I truly hope that it brings with it a new laptop (MacbookPro, please!) - or the means to buy it, anyways.

Valentines day was special this year - thanks to the existence of the boyfriend.
There were always admirers - and a person, admired for a majority of the past 20 years of my life, but as life would have it, they were never one and the same. Until now.

I will not lie to you and say this post will be absent of crass, disgustingly lovey dovey pictures, as he worked hard to meet my every whim and fancy in indulging me with my first special valentines.

Photobucket
from the "compulsory" bouquet of flowers that are ridiculously overpriced on said day; A musical carousel that I've been eyeing on;

Photobucket
to a wonderful meal at a new venue - Chef & Brew, with the most scrumptious prawns imaginable! :)

Photobucket

Photobucket
lamb chop with prawns 
-His, although i HAD to have the prawns, it was so good, and I dont take lamb anyways. The prawns were very well marinated and I could feel the sauce exploding in my mouth!

Photobucket
Salmon aglio olio
-yumms. Good too! Im not one for raw salmon as you can tell, but the salmon was fried till crispy, and the combination of it with pasta was very foreign but delectable.

Photobucket
him with his gift - kinda failed iphone cover with our picture on it. :)

Photobucket

Photobucket
getting ready for our fun day ahead! :)

We stopped by Mollydookers coffee bar, right opposite, and had a cup of mocha just because. I thought the place was really cute - from its cosy ambience to the tipping jar - worth a visit if all you want to do is hang out and drink a good cup of coffee!

Photobucket
the entrance.

Photobucket
they serve food, too! Will definitely try my next visit.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
choosing his other favourite thing in life - coffee :)

So we headed home and took silly pictures in my living hall - courtesy of the self timer and dante, my DSLR.
Our itinerary for the night was watching moulin rouge, under the soft whirring of the air conditioning and cuddled in each others arms. I was supposed to prepare the "dinner" which was kinda funny because we were both full and I was lazy. Hahaha. So I bought Gravad Lax, thinly sliced salmon from a nearby grocer and cooked beef strips in onion sauce to munch on during the movie. 

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

His present? The iphone case & a (an attempt, at least) chocolate ganache cake.
It was a day I wouldn't have traded for anything - It was us.
The experience, the attempts, the failures - we spent the whole day together, had good food, good coffee - & fun! 

Chef n Brew
Epicure, 1 Jalan Medan Setia 1,
Bukit Damansara.
50490 Kuala Lumpur


Tel: +03 2095 5069



Operation Hours: 11am - 11pm (Daily)

(Mollydookers right opposite)

No comments:

Post a Comment